I see I can change an issue type from Epic to Sub-Task. Can I change the issue type to Story? Or do I need to delete and create a new issue as a story?
Under Administration>Issues select "Issue Type Screen Schemes" and find the scheme associated with the project you are working in then click on configure. Does the Issue type Story have the same Screen Scheme as Epic? If so, then you should be able to just edit the issue type field in the issue (assuming you have permission). If the schemes are different then you can try using move.
In the issue there should be a "More" button. Click on the button and below "Convert to Sub-task" should be an option to "Move". You should be able to move the issue to story and choose what to do with fields that are present/required in one scheme and not the other.
@user22 if this answer resolved your issue, please click accept.
Thanks!
@Jonny Adams
What happens when an Epic has tasks or stories linked to it and the Epic is changed into a Story?
Are these stories moved to tasks / sub-tasks of the Story? or does they need to be re-added as sub-tasks?
Thanks, Jonny, also worked for me!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.