Hello !
I have the some case as below :
************************************
In the older version of JIRA.. < 4.4 when I recived email notification from JIRA it was having a subject name depending on the action that was taken.. e.g when closing it was:
JIRA (Closed): XYZ-123 Name of the ticket
Since JIRA 4.4 the email template changed and I do not see action name anymore (action is included in the email).. It just say
JIRA (XYZ-123) Name of the ticket
Is there any EASY/OOTB way to customize this and bring back the old way of naming the subject?
Thank you for your help!
-Mirek
*************************************
1 ) any news regarding this issue ?
2 ) Otherwise , Editing the Subject email Velocity templates in // $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/email/subject // (eg. #disable_html_escaping()
($issue.key) $issue.summary $issue.action ) will resolve the problem ?
3) in project->customer notifications->email template -> subject we can use just 3 variables // issue.key, .summary, .portalname. //
No other fields such as issue.priority seem valid !!
Is the subject line is restricted to key, summary and portalname only?
4) there is no Plugin that works the way asked for ?
Thanks in advance
Abdel