I see the log for incoming emails handled by the Jira email handler, but is there a log to show the outbound emails or notifications generated by Jira?
Hi Paul,
atlassian-jira-outgoing-mail.log -- once you have configured Outgoing Mail, you can enable the Outgoing Mail log and Debugging (JIRA Administration >> System >> Logging and profiling):
Also, you can add and increase the logging level for certain packages (e.g: com.atlassian.mail ) to get more details logged.
Regards,Kelly
Thank you!
How can i configure outgoing mail using this: atlassian-jira-outgoing-mail.log?
I can't see these settings in our Jira instance (cloud). Does this mean it's not available for Cloud accounts, and if so, is there another way of seeing a log of sent emails?
I know there is as I've used it in the past but I can't find it either.
@patrick lo1
Finally found the inbound log after doing some digging. But it doesn't look like it has outbound emails on it. There is a feature request at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-4698.
Jira Settings > Products > Email Requests. On the email requests page, you'll find a list of email addresses. To the right (under "Actions" column) will be "View Log."
Atlassian, why don't you put this in the System > Mail section next to Global mail settings, Outgoing mail, Incoming mail and Send email?! >_<
I agree that logging outbound notifications is vital. We are implementing workflows in JIRA that involve legal issues for which we may need to prove that notifications of issues were sent to certain users at certain times.
I don't see this option in my jira cloud. Please help
My clients are not receiving JIRA SERVICE DESK emails. And we have no method to track the problem.
Very angry with JIRA... 😡
@daniel you can create a new question and we'll be happy to solve your problem!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.