field like 'end date'
You can add the field only on the issue view screen. In this case the field will be only viewable. The other thing, which you have to keep in mind. The field will be visible on the view screen only if it has a value.
Can you send me screenshots?
How do you get to the option of creating a new field that can only be viewed?
You should create a different screen for the edit view screen and remove the required field from the screen and attach the screen to the screen scheme in the project. I attached a screenshot:
Kindly read the articles below:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/defining-a-screen-938847288.html
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/associating-screen-and-issue-operation-mappings-with-an-issue-type-776636504.html
I press on the buttom of 'Associate an issue operation with a screen' and choose the option 'Issue Operation' I choose 'View issue' and press 'OK'.
After that I define which fields will be just viewable, but in the end of this process nothing changes.
What am I not doing right?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.