Hello!
I've been trying to find a solution for this quirk. When an issue is moved from one project to another the status is moved to a state that has resulted in people missing the ticket.
Example, on the original issue the status is set to 'TO DO', when the user moves the ticket to another project the status for the new project defaults to 'In Progress' (not good since the assignee is still empty).
I tried shifting the status order (Settings -> Issues -> Statues (under 'issue attributes)) and also seeing if opsbar does anything, but that didn't produce anything.
The categories for both 'To Do' and 'In Progress' are correct To Do/In Progress respectively. Ideally I would want it to be 'Backlog' instead of 'In Progress' by default.
And yes, the option to pick the 'Backlog' is there in the drop menu, but the user moving this has missed/ignored it more than once. If anyone has some suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!