Error when connecting to ServiceNow from Jira
2018-03-19 14:13:30,166 httpclient-callbacks:thread-84 WARN anonymous [c.a.webhooks.plugin.PublishTaskFactoryImpl$PublishTaskImpl] Client error - 400 when posting to web hook at '______https://xxx.service-now.com/api/now/import/u_jira/?username=Jxxxr&password=xxxxx'
Thanks in advance
Nith
Does this only happen for this service-now address? I am curious to see if perhaps you are seeing this known bug:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-43143
But to test that out, you might try to use the http://requestb.in/ site in order to configure a webhook and see if you can replicate this problem.
If you are not using an outbound proxy for Jira, then I would be interested to learn more here. I noticed that your URL looks to have a '______' in it. Wondering if there is something wrong with the URL as it is set in Jira, such as an extra whitespace that has been added here accidentally.
Yes, this is happening only for servicenow. I'm not seeing any know bug in there.
I found a log in servicenow today when jira try to update a ticket.
WARNING *** WARNING *** Required HTTP authorization header (Authorization) not present.
Jira is not passing the HTTP authorization header. Do you have any idea on how to pass HTTP header in jira webhooks?
Ah, well in that case, it might not be possible for Jira to send the authorization needed for this other site. There is an existing feature request to add support for this in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-31953
While there is a work-around listed there, I believe this specifically applies to other Atlassian applications. For those applications you can use an additional URL parameter such as
?os_authtype=basic&os_username=admin&os_password=admin
However, it is not clear to me if ServiceNow has any sort of equivalent here, or if there is something incorrect with the current syntax of that URL.
Let me send this to Jira team. I hope this works because they were not using this before.
There is nothing wrong with the current URL, because I can successfully post to that URL from soapui application with same username and password.
Thank you !
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.