On recent versions of JIRA where Software and Core became separately licensed products, I find something a bit confusing on the Versions & Licenses section of Administration --> Applications
All of my licenses are for JIRA Software users, none are licensed for "just Core".
For customers like us, it is logical to me that here I see all the info about my JIRA Software license, e.g. version installed, # users and # used, expiration, SEN, License type, Org Name and license key, and option to Uninstall.
However, I also see an ""Ad" for JIRA Core 7.8.0 now being available, with an option to Add JIRA Core users, a place to paste a license and a button for Download.
So what I don't understand is why the availability of JIRA Core is merrily announced and so easy to download, but not the JIRA Software installation that I actually support for all my users. I already got lured into clicking the Download once, then realized that JIRA Core is not the same install as JIRA Software.
I imagine that there are three kinds of installations -- all users Core, installations split between Software and Core users, and all users licensed for Software.
I suppose those admins who continue to have all their users licensed for Software should just totally ignore the JIRA Core section and its offers of downloads? Was my understanding of a mixed Jira Software / Jira Core environment as a single install with just mixed categories of two types of users (Software, can do everything, Core -- limited functionality) confused?
Even in a mixed environment wouldn't it be normal to have a single install of JIRA Software only? The JIRA Core download would only be used for those running a completely separate instance of Core or a customer who had only Core licenses and none for Software, right?