How can I configure the status change updates for the Client Portal tickets? Thanks
The problem with this is that Service Desk issues have a security scheme of sorts that is automatically applied to such issues. This means that aside from the JSD Agent that is assigned to work that issue, other Jira users are not expected to be able to see or work on the issue. As such, we would not expect those issues to appear in an activity steam gadget unless your account is the Agent assigned to the ticket.
The activity stream gadget has the potential to appear differently for each user. But I can't see a way to do this for a Service Desk project.
Thanks for the info, so there's no way to turn off these activity stream status updates?
The problem I'm having is that the status updates for hidden statuses is displayed to customers, i.e.: Dev in progress, Escalated, etc. The customer should only see a status of In Progress. Unfortunately they see these hidden statuses despite the mapping I've done.
Thanks for the update Andrew! So there's no way to configure or remove these status updates from the activity stream?
Problem I'm trying to solve is to remove the internal status updates that customers see in the portal. See this thread: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-remove-hidden-request-status-updates-from-client-portal/qaq-p/751849
Ok, that's completely different than what I thought you were referring to. The Activity stream is a gadget in Jira. Those gadgets only appear on dashboards. Service Desk customers are not expected to be able to see Dashboards in Jira as they only have access to the customer portal. Because of this limitation, I believed you were only concerned with understanding how to display Service Desk issues in the activity stream to many other Jira users.
I thought you wanted everyone to see a JSD issue updates, which is not easy to do.
But if the opposite is true, and you want to remove a project's updates from the activity stream, that could be filtered out in the configuration of that gadget.
If you edit the gadget and add a filter to it that looks like
Project is not XYZ
Then the project with the key, XYZ would not be included in the activity stream. But this would remove all activity on that project, not just these specific status updates.
You can see there are other options in this filter:
You can see from this option to filter that you choose by project, issue type, username, etc. However there is not a means to filter out specific issue statuses from this view.
Indeed, I'm referring to the Client Portal Activity Stream, not the Activity Stream gadget for JIRA dashboards...
The Client Portal Activity Stream doesn't appear to be configurable anywhere. I'm concerned that the customer sees internal status updates when a customer visible request type (Tech Support Request) is converted to an internal request type (Bug).
Is this a bug or am I missing/misunderstanding something?
Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.