I am running the trial of Jira Service Desk, and I notice that none of the bundled test customers have contact information like telephone, office address, etc. I can't even find a way to add this information for an existing customer. Please tell me that I don't have to create custom fields for such basic info!
If we implement Jira SD our scenario will likely include importing our customers (all faculty, staff and students of the university) into Jira. We would want to import their telephone and office address and have that information displayed in the ticket (or at least accessible with a single click). Ideally it would also pull in other fields we have like Department, Title, and Employee number.
I've create a few custom fields already, but it never occurred to me that I would need to do that for customer contact info. Please say it isn't so!