Are you on Server or Cloud?
I believe that the upcoming (unreleased) Jira server app will support saml/mfa.
Basing my belief on the notes regarding the upcoming (beta) confluence server app:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-server-mobile-app-beta-939925483.html?_ga=2.93266591.380443179.1520865256-1086845724.1518622147
I use the Jira Mobile App for Cloud, with Multi-factor authentication on a Atlassian account. It works fine there - no issues.
Though I do not know how it handles on the Server version, nor on the saml/ad side.
@Josh Steckler I am on Server. Thank you for the information.
@Knut ArneThank you for your answer.
well - the final release doesn't seem to honor two factor authentication. At least not the plugin we're using (Secure Login 2FA). This poses an actual security issue because with the app you can now circumvent 2 factor authentication completely.
We have 2FA from the plugin "mO Two Factor Authentication (2FA) for JIRA". There is no 2FA enforcement for the JIRA Mobile App for JIRA Server.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.