Hi,
I've already found some answers to this, but nothing solved my problem. We missed setting a resolution date in a post function in our Kanban board for quiet a while. I found a way to set the resolution date by creating a special transition from Resolved to Resolved which had a post function for setting the resolution date.
The problem is, now every Ticket has the same resolution date, and the Created VS Resolved graph looks like this:
So my question is basically the same as in this links
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-bulk-change-resolution-date-instead-of-just-status-of/qaq-p/189104
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Resolution-bluk-change/qaq-p/731526
Can I bulk change the resolution date of my issues based on another field like Last Updated, or something inside the history? Or is there some kind of admin plugin on the Marketplace that I haven't found yet?
We can't use raw SQL queries (which would be great) because we are on Jira Cloud (or can we?). So any other ways to solve this?
You could try to use JIRA API to set resolution date.
For examlpe, there is a clould version for ScriptRunner: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner/cloud/versionhistory
You need a MutableIssue object: https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/7.2.2/com/atlassian/jira/issue/MutableIssue.html
Method
<span><a href="https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/7.2.2/com/atlassian/jira/issue/MutableIssue.html#setResolutionDate-java.sql.Timestamp-" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">setResolutionDate</a></span>(<a href="http://download.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/sql/Timestamp.html?is-external=true" title="class or interface in java.sql" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">Timestamp</a> resolutionDate)
Thanks for your answer! Unfortunately, your links don't work, they are 404s.
But I tried it with the JIRA Rest API, but it seems that there is no way to set the resolution date.
Here you only have the get methods https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/#api-api-2-resolution-get
And when I try to make a put request, e.g. to
`/rest/api/2/issue/XX-1234`
with a json body of
`{"fields":{"resolutiondate":"2018-02-26T14:54:42.976+0100"}}`
I get an error:
`{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"resolutiondate":"Field 'resolutiondate' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."}}`
Any idea how to set it through the REST API?
You shoul add filed resolution to edit screen assotiated with this issue type into this project.
I try to set the resolutiondate, not the resolution itself. As far as I can tell, I think it's not possible, because you can't set it in the Jira interface either. Or do I miss something?
Will point to the answer from those posts -- https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Questions/How-to-bulk-change-resolution-date-instead-of-just-status-of/qaq-p/189104#M435464
In short, our free addon (Quantify) that has a special "resolution checker" tool that can fix this.
Did you find any solution for this so far? Could you please share? I am facing the same issue as you. @Hubert Hölzl
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.