I'd like to sort table of pages (in alphabetical order by name) created with Content Report Table. Currently the pages are sorted in creation order (newest to oldest), how can I change that?
Hi, Anssi,
It's not possible to sort the pages in alphabetical order by name using the Content Report Table.
We do have a feature request for it here: CONFCLOUD-31438 - Content Report Table macro should have sorting parameter.
We suggest you add yourself there to receive updates and vote for increase its popularity.More information on new features can be seen here.
The only workaround we have found is to add an ID to the Page Content Table. Then we use this ID to sort the table but don't show it in the Content Report.
Of course you have to manage the ID manually, which is annoying...
You can sort Content Report Table by page title by clicking the table header cell.
In case you need to have permanent sorting applied, you can use Table Filter macro and set Default sorting option to "Title ⇧".
I see no such option in the Content Report Table. The column headers are just plain text, no clickability.
The corresponding jira issue also indicate that it's at least possible to sort explicitly ("... if we do not explicitly sort by the page title column"), but I can not find any way to sort the table in neither edit-mode or view-mode..
Reading https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Can-I-sort-table-created-by-quot-Content-Report-Table-quot/qaq-p/746933#M115332 I think the feature has been nerfed at some point
@Ole Jørgen as @Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_ has mentioned before, wrap the Content Report Table macro into the Table Filter macro provided by the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app and apply the required sorting.
And here is a short 2-minute video tutorial how to aggregate (create pivots) and visualize your reports based on the Content Report Table macro.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.