I was asked to describe to the upper management why it takes so long to create a new project.
(Took me a couple of days to deliver my last project- had to mess with groovy scripts)
The answer I think that I will provide them is that I have to carefully go through the following steps:
-Selecting project name, key, project leader
-setting/selecting up issue types
-setting up issue type scheme
-setting up screens (create/edit/resolve etc)
-setting up workflows per issue type
-setting up workflow scheme
-setting up Custom Fields
-tying up Custom Fields with Screens
-setting up Field Configuration
-Setting up Custom Field Configuration
-Setting up User Roles (creating users if needed)
-Adjusting Permission Schemes
-Adjusting workflows based on screens and project roles
-Internal testing
-Error checking
-Open Testing
-Adjustments
-Bug fixing
-Dashboard / Board creation
-Filter generation
-Dashboard Setup
-Board Setup
What am I missing / What could I add?
What would you answer if you were in my shoes?