I've tried to create a webhook from Bitbucket repo to Google's New "Hangouts Chat" product and it did not work. Has anyone found a way to make it post updates to a chat room? Does Bitbucket have plans to support the platform?
Hi Kelly, currently there's no integration between Bitbucket and Google Hangouts.
As an alternative, we offer HipChat Server, which you can integrate with Bitbucket Server. Regarding Stride (our Cloud chat solution) the integration will come soon, you can read more in this thread.
Hope that helps!
Ana
Are there plans to support Google Hangouts Chat with Webhooks or is that something Google would provide?
I would like to know how this order is going, I want to move from slack to goggle hangout chat since we use gsuite
I'd also be interested in finding out if there will be integration with Google's new "Chat" product which is currently just for business accounts. Like Willy, we also use the GSuite of applications for our business and a webhook from Bitbucket would be worth exploring for us.
We are also thinking of using chat webhooks + bitbucket api to do something but if atlassian want to provide something directly I will be happy
@Ana Retamal Now that HipChat is no longer in the party, can Atlassian consider again something for Hangout Chat ?
it would be great
Hello we have a tool here. I am about to think of releasing this bot publicly (today it is available only for my Gsuite domain), I need to check the process and maybe get a better hosting
Hello
My company have developed a chat bot for Bitbucket / Hangouts Chat here. It is currently available only on my Gsuite domain. I will check if I can open it to general public,
Hello,
I am a product owner of a Hangouts Chat bot for Bitbucket (cloud). We have just released it and you can use it right now. Just invite @[deleted] to your space or pm.
As for now he can notify you on pull requests and builds but will quickly learn how to notify you on new commits or comments. In time we plan to teach him to speak to Jira (cloud) and later to server versions of Jira and Bitbucket.
We are using it internally for over a month now.
For now it is a free beta. He will always be free for serving open source and public projects, but private projects (and repositories) will be, eventually for reasonable price.
Any feedback is for sure welcomed - we would love to hear from you how to improve our bot and make him super useful.
Regards,
Piotr
It is officialy on the Atlassian Marketplace now - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220456/atlas-hangouts-chat-bot-for-bitbucket?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
We would be thankful for any feedback about our bot. We have a broad road map of features and need a boost in priorities.
Hi Piotr. I just invited the bot to a room this morning and I'm going through the 'help' commands now. The other developers are excited about having this feature and we will provide feedback as it becomes available. Thank you!
Hello I am getting this error after inviting the bot to one room not i am unable to invite him again (I deleted him from one room and invited him to another one)
{"principal":"carecloudteam","error_description":"Error calling installed at URL https://atlas.app.codedoers.com/api/bitbucket/installed: 401 Client Error: Unauthorized for url: https://atlas.app.codedoers.com/api/bitbucket/installed","error":"server_error"}
Hi Jon,
There are problems after registering the application in the Bitbucket Marketplace, that blocks users from subsequent authorization.
We will provide the fix asap or at least workaround for this problem before end of the day.
Please create the support ticket at our support portal https://codedoers.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1 - we will notify you about any changes to this topic.
Mateusz
When we have submitted the bot to Atlassian and Bitbucket Markets - the authorization flow has changed in a Bitbucket and this was the cause of troubles. We have found a bug and fixed it already.
Please try the bot again .
Sorry for inconvenience - we were not aware that after a submitting an app to the market the authorization flow for it would ever change. Lesson learned.
We have just starting evaluating support for Bitbucket Server in form of an additional plugin. If anyone is interested, here is a simple poll about it - https://forms.gle/emKjNDMUHwNL1dVn8 or just simply reply me or make a contact.
Similar to above, I added an tested Atlas in a private room (that sounds weird) and it worked great. Then moved him to our dev room and it can join and shows the welcome message but none of the commands (@atlas connect bitbucket) work. They all seem to fail silently.
Have removed the bot at both ends (Chat and BitBucket) and put back again, but still nothing.
Any ideas? Thanks - John
Piotr - the integration bit Bitbucket and Google Hangouts with the atlas bot is fantastic. It has greatly helped track who in our team is making changes and when they happen. Thank you for all your hard work in developing this bot.
Thx!
Don't hesitate to leave a review on Atlassian Market!
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220456/atlas-hangouts-chat-bot-for-bitbucket?hosting=cloud&tab=reviews#write-review
Thanks again for your words.
We are now heading to enable support for Bitbucket Server users - because no one will be left behind . And then, who knows - maybe Jira :> ?
We have released version of Atlas for Bitbucket Server, see it on the market - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220456/atlas-hangouts-chat-bot-for-bitbucket?hosting=server&tab=overview
Please provide us with a default integration just like with slack. We use google chat and looking to integrate all bibbucket alerts to Google Chat.
another app you can try to integrate Google Chat and Bitbucket https://workspace.google.com/marketplace/app/myrepobot/776097929338
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.