Log's referral number: 151d809c-0c09-4054-872e-553baedd0947
Referer URL: http://nyc-cbmweb-d29:8080/secure/views/bulkedit/BulkDeleteDetailsValidation.jspa
java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.bulkedit.BulkOperationProgress.doProgress(BulkOperationProgress.java:76) [classes/:?]
Hi Eric,
It is difficult to say exactly what is causing this problem from just this error. However the most common cause is likely some kind of corruption of the indexes in Jira. For example, if the index was not updated for an issue that was already deleted, Jira could try to delete it again, which would likely create a nullpointerexception because the object has already been removed.
I would recommend first trying to follow this KB: JIRA reports NullPointerException when trying to delete issues
This has you using the integrity checker to see if perhaps this is something else that Jira could correct. If you can correct errors there and you still see this error, then I think the next steps would be to rebuild the indexes. You can try the background index first if you like, it has the advantage that Jira is still usable by you end users while this is running.
But sometimes you need you use the 'lock Jira and rebuild' option. This completely rebuilds the indexes of Jira from the current data in the database. The problem is that once you start that, Jira is not accessible to end users until it is complete. If you have a large or enterprise environment (per the sizing guide), with lots of issues and custom fields, the time it takes to rebuild indexes could be from minutes to hours. So if you're Jira instance here is in use by a large number of users, it might be best to wait for a maintenance window before doing that kind of reindex to try to troubleshoot this problem.
thanks, Andrew. But I'm still having the issue. I have re-indexed, cleared integrity issues, restarted tomcat. still getting the below:
Log's referral number: 3a0e11b9-70f9-429a-98b9-1172d29bceb2
Referer URL: http://nyc-cbmweb-d29:8080/browse/JCD-14015?jql=project = JCD
com.atlassian.greenhopper.manager.lexorank.LexoRankIntegrityException: Expected exactly one rank row for issue[id=186884] for rank field[id=14200], but found 2 rows
com.atlassian.greenhopper.manager.lexorank.LexoRankIntegrityException: Expected exactly one rank row for issue[id=186884] for rank field[id=14200], but found 2 rows at com.atlassian.greenhopper.manager.lexorank.LexoRankDaoImpl.findByFieldAndIssueId(LexoRankDaoImpl.java:242) [?:?] at com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.lexorank.LexoRankOperation.rankInitially(LexoRankOperation.java:152) [?:?] at com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.lexorank.LexoRankOperation.execute(LexoRankOperation.java:119) [?:?] at com.atlassian.greenhopper.manager.lexorank.LexoRankManagerImpl.performRankOperation(LexoRankManagerImpl.java:300) [?:?] at com.atlassian.greenhopper.manager.lexorank.LexoRankManagerImpl.getRankOrRankInitially(LexoRankManagerImpl.java:86) [?:?] at com.atlassian.greenhopper.customfield.lexorank.LexoRankCFType.getValueFromIssue(LexoRankCFType.java:121) [?:?] at com.atlassian.greenhopper.customfield.lexorank.LexoRankCFType.getValueFromIssue(LexoRankCFType.java:29) [?:?] at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.ImmutableCustomField.getValue(ImmutableCustomField.java:350) [classes/:?] at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueDeleteHelper$DeletedIssueEventData.collectCustomFieldValues(DefaultIssueDeleteHelper.java:288) [classes/:?] at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueDeleteHelper$DeletedIssueEventData.<init>(DefaultIssueDeleteHelper.java:275) [classes/:?] at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueDeleteHelper.deleteIssue(DefaultIssueDeleteHelper.java:120) [classes/:?] at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.deleteIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:719) [classes/:?] at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.RequestCachingIssueManager.deleteIssue(RequestCachingIssueManager.java:232) [classes/:?] at com.atlassian.jira.bc.issue.DefaultIssueService.delete(DefaultIssueService.java:402) [classes/:?] at com.atlassian.jira.bc.issue.DefaultIssueService.delete(DefaultIssueService.java:378) [classes/:?] at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.DeleteIssue.doExecute(DeleteIssue.java:23) [classes/:?] at webwork.action.ActionSupport.execute(ActionSupport.java:165) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?] at com.atlassian.jira.action.JiraActionSupport.execute(JiraActionSupport.java:63) [jira-api-7.7.0.jar:?] at webwork.interceptor.DefaultInterceptorChain.proceed(DefaultInterceptorChain.java:39) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?] at webwork.interceptor.NestedInterceptorChain.proceed(NestedInterceptorChain.java:31) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?] at webwork.interceptor.ChainedInterceptor.intercept(ChainedInterceptor.java:16) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?] at webwork.interceptor.DefaultInterceptorChain.proceed(DefaultInterceptorChain.java:35) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?] at webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher.executeAction(GenericDispatcher.java:225) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?] at webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher.executeAction(GenericDispatcher.java:154) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?] at com.atlassian.jira.web.dispatcher.JiraWebworkActionDispatcher.service(JiraWebworkActionDispatcher.java:138) [classes/:?] at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729) [servlet-api.jar:?] at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:230) [catalina.jar:8.5.6] at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:165) [catalina.jar:8.5.6] at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52) [tomcat-websocket.jar:8.5.6] at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:192) [catalina.jar:8.5.6] at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:165) [catalina.jar:8.5.6] at com.atlassian.jira.web.filters.JiraLastFilter.lambda$doFilter$0(JiraLastFilter.java:39) [classes/:?] at com.atlassian.jira.web.filters.steps.ChainedFilterStepRunner.doFilter(ChainedFilterStepRunner.java:74) [classes/:?] at com.atlassian.jira.web.filters.JiraLastFilter.doFilter(JiraL
Ah, that error is much more clear as to the cause. Please see this KB: Cannot reindex jira due to Expected exactly 2 rows the maximum marker row and the lowest ranked row for rank field.
I suspect that the cause is #3 in that KB, and the KB does provide steps on how to correct this. You might need to identify if your environment has a duplicate or obsolete rank field that is causing problems here. Of course I would recommend that you create a backup of your database before you make any direct changes.
If you do not have duplicate or unused ranks fields, then the problem is likely in regards to your existing rank field is either missing a marker, or has more than 2 markers.
Try to follow that KB and let me know if you run into any problems here.
Andy
Hi Andrew, I verified that there was only 1 rank custom field (other than an obsolete one). One other fun fact that I forgot to mention is that it is only sub tasks that I cant delete. tasks that are NOT sub tasks and do NOT have sub tasks associated with them, can be deleted.
This instance is to help he prepare for a migration from Atlassian cloud to a data center version. so the data is currently from the cloud version. I'm working to verify how certain add-ons are going to react and reconfigure them ahead of time. Is there a chance that the issue is originating on the cloud side? Garbage in. Garbage out? How can I verify that?
I tried restoring the data again but the problem persists. Would it be worth it to re-build the database entirely?
Please advise.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.