Dear Team,
I am trying to create SSL for the Atlassian applications through apache.
I have followed all the steps which were mentioned in the KB article
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver074/configuring-apache-reverse-proxy-using-the-ajp-protocol-881684070.html
still, it's not working.
when I use HTTPS to the URL its not loading.
Please advise me
Many Thanks
IT- Admin
Hi Shirish,
Just a thought... did you add the following to the Tomcat connector:
scheme="https" proxyName="xx.xxx.xxx" proxyPort="443"
What's the error your are getting upon accessing the HTTPS link?
Regards,
Kelly
Dear @KellyW
Thanks for your reply
Please find the below screenshot
When I access HTTPS
I am getting
IT-Admin
JIRA application sits behind a reverse proxy may not know the URL scheme, hostname or port to connect to Tomcat.
Please ensure that the server can resolve the hostname 'ariadne.swiss'.
Are your ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse configured well to point to AJP Host and Port ?
You have to configure the connector to listen on the AJP port 8009. Are you using the mod_proxy or mod_ajp module on the Apache server?
I can asure you that Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket & Fisheye are working behind a single Apache server terminating SSL using AJP protocol.
I also am having issues with the ajp protocol using mod_ajp in Apache 2.4 connecting to Jira 7.8.1 on the same linux host as Apache.
Would you be so kind as to post the requisite sections of a working vhost.conf and your server.xml files (obfuscated as necessary).
Thank you,
Patrick
@Patrick Kyne The serverl.xml has a line on ajp connectivity and the specific ajp port - uncomment it to enable it.
And on your apache ssl config file - add your ajp configurations specifying ajp port as it is in server.xml.
I believe so and have my current configs here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Jira-Software-7-8-1-w-Apache-2-4-Reverse-Proxy-Errors/qaq-p/762699
Do they appear correct to you, or am I missing something?
@Patrick Kyne Have you tried ;
ProxyPass / ajp://127.0.0.1:8009/ instead ?
I have not tried that because I access Jira via a URL like https://myhost.mydomain.fqdn/jira
and believe the ProxyPass would need to be
ProxyPass /jira ajp://127.0.0.1:8009/jira
Are you suggesting I add an additional ProxyPass line?
We‘re using mod_ajp not mod_proxy_ajp, so I can‘t give you any advice on that config.
For convenience I post a stripped down configuration of our server:
First two files are Apache HTTPD configuration with mod_ajp. Third file is server.xml. We terminate SSL at the Apache HTTPD.
Jira is run on two ports: 8080 &8009
### File conf/extra/httpd-jk.conf# Worker configJkWorkersFile conf/extra/workers.properties# LoggingJkLogFile logs/mod_jk.logJkLogLevel warnJkLogStampFormat "[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y] "#JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"# JkOptions indicates to send SSL KEY SIZEJkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompatUnparsed -ForwardDirectories +RejectUnsafeURIJkEnvVar httpd yourservername# Mount on all vhost and sslJkMountCopy All# redirect tomcat errors to apache httpdJkMount /jira jira;use_server_errors=500JkMount /jira/* jira;use_server_errors=500# Modul (Admin)JkMount /jk-manage/* jk-manageJkMount /jk-manage jk-manage# Enable the JK manager access from localhost only<Location /jk-manage > JkMount jk-manage Require ip 192.168 Require ip 127</Location>### File conf/extra/workers.properties# Global Settingsworker.maintain=30# Default Settingsworker.basic.type=ajp13worker.basic.socket_keepalive=trueworker.basic.ping_mode=Aworker.basic.ping_timeout=10000worker.basic.connection_pool_timeout=120worker.basic.recovery_options=7worker.basic.lbfactor=1worker.basic.max_packet_size=65536worker.list=jiraworker.jira.host=ip.of.jira.serverworker.jira.port=8009worker.jira.socket_timeout=300worker.jira.socket_connect_timeout=300000worker.jira.reference=worker.basic# JK Manage Applicationworker.list=jk-manageworker.jk-manage.type=status### server.xml<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN"> <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener" /> <!--APR library loader. Documentation at /docs/apr.html --> <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener" SSLEngine="on" /> <!-- Prevent memory leaks due to use of particular java/javax APIs--> <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener" /> <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener" /> <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.ThreadLocalLeakPreventionListener" /> <Service name="Catalina"> <Connector port="8080" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" connectionTimeout="20000" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" protocol="HTTP/1.1" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100" disableUploadTimeout="true" bindOnInit="false"/> <Connector port="8009" minSpareThreads="10" maxThreads="200" address="your.jira.server.ip" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8444" enableLookups="false" URIEncoding="UTF-8" maxPostSize="-1" packetSize="65536"/> <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="your.server.name" jvmRoute="jira"> <Host name="your.server.name" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"> <Context path="/jira" docBase="${catalina.home}/atlassian-jira" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true"> <Resource name="UserTransaction" auth="Container" type="javax.transaction.UserTransaction" factory="org.objectweb.jotm.UserTransactionFactory" jotm.timeout="60"/> <Manager pathname=""/> <JarScanner scanManifest="false"/> </Context> </Host> <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve" resolveHosts="false" pattern="%a %{jira.request.id}r %{jira.request.username}r %t "%m %U%q %H" %s %b %D "%{Referer}i" "%{User-Agent}i" "%{jira.request.assession.id}r""/> </Engine> </Service></Server>
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.