I have no custom permission setup and I'm using Jira defaults. I have users with Administrator role assigned to them for the project, but they are unable to close a sprint. The Close Sprint button is dimmed and they have a rollover message that they need Manage Sprint permissions. The Permission Helper shows that these users have the needed permission on the board.
I checked all the things in this KB and it still doesn't work: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/unable-to-manage-sprint-due-to-missing-project-administrator-permissions-779159087.html?_ga=2.75979029.1830043290.1520250918-1110624024.1512527534
What is the query for the agile board? If there are multiple projects in the query (or even the potential for multiple projects to appear in the query), the user trying to close the sprint must have the Manage Sprints permission for all projects in that could appear in the board.
For example, you might have a board query like this:
"Epic Link" = JRA-123
Technically, any issue from any project can belong to the Epic JRA-123 - there's nothing limiting Jira from letting you do that, so the query thinks you could potentially want to show issues from ALL projects. If you want to limit the query to only the projects that you want to appear on the board, you can do something like this:
project in (JRA, TEST) and "Epic Link" = JRA-123
All you have to do at that point is make sure that the users who need to close sprints have the Manage Sprints permission in both JRA and TEST.
It's a bit weird, for sure - but hope this helps.
The board query is "project = SYS ORDER BY Rank ASC".
There are 5 stories on the sprint board, they are all SYS. There are no Epics, and none of the items on the board have any subtasks or links to anything is not also a SYS issue.
Ranking = "Using Rank"
@Brian Winter, can anyone close the sprint? Who started the sprint and can they close it? Has anything changed in the board filter since it was stared?
I closed the sprint for them. I have the Jira Administrator role. I believe the sprint was started by the project admin who was trying to close it. They created the sprints. When I log in as him (or any of the other project admins), the button is dimmed and I get the "Need manage sprint permissions" text on mouseover. I don't think the board filter has changed since the project was started.
Jack, meant to Reply but typed in the wrong box, see comment below...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.