This is related to this question: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/how-to-mention-a-JIRA-issue/qaq-p/300801
This feature worked great until a few weeks ago. Now it does not work at all for me. Is there a setting somewhere that would reenable this? Or is there a bug somewhere else with all the new Jira changes.
Hi Nathan,
could you clarify the your situation?
1. What is your platform cloud or on-promises?
2. What it is the version installed?
As I know this feature should work.
Anyway, firstly please check this links https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/mentions-are-not-working-in-jira-applications-289277743.html
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/mentions-and-autocomplete-are-not-working-in-jira-cloud-779160727.html
Cheers,
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Using Jira cloud, so not sure the version is relevant, and I can't find one shown anywhere.
As for the two links, those refer to mentioning other users, not issues. Mentions for users (@mentions) work, but referencing other issues (i.e. "XYZ-123") no longer automatically inserts a URL with current in-line status in the UI.
Let me know if there is anything else I can provide.
Looks like in Cloud now it is ok.
Is it actual?
I just noticed today that this is only an issue with the new interface. If I am editing the description or adding a comment from the new interface (Backlog sidebar or Active Sprint pop over when clicking on an issue) this auto linking/mentioning does not happen. Although if I open the issue view directly (in a new tab for example), both comments and description edits work as before.
Let me know if you can reproduce.
Has there been a fix to this? This is a critical issue to us
This is horribly annoying, I can't believe this feature is missing.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.