Hello,
could you please explain how can I create regular backups of my repositories of all projects which are stored on your machines and stored them on my dedicated machine ?
Regards
Lukas
Any full clone of a repository is essentially a full backup.
Hi Lukas,
I would suggest taking a full backup of Bitbucket Server. This will include the repositories and the database and will allow you to perform a full restore, in case of need.
A backup and restore strategy is highly recommended for a production site.
All available strategies are documented on the following page:
- Data recovery and backups
Does this help?
Thanks, Caterina - Atlassian
@Lukas Nosko, Are you talking about backing up Bitbucket Cloud to a local server?
Yes to local server and make it regularly. Have you got some quick steps which I need to follow if I want to achieve these back ups ? We have aproximatelly 30 projects on Bitbucket servers and requirement is to copy all of the projects every day on dedicated machine. I need to install Bitbucket server on this machine or ... ?
I need to make backups of more than 30 project every day.
Do you need the bitbucket parts of the projects backed up, or just the repositories?
If it just the repositories, you can create a script to list the repositories and clone each in turn.
I also see that you raised a similar question here:
How to create backup of the Bitbucket on Azure server ?
Is this on the same topic?
Thank you for your answer I will check site and yes is the same issue.
Currently we use Bitbucket servers for storing all projects. So for my server machine where I want to save all repositories every day should I install Bitbucket server and then I will be able to make backups ?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.