I created a Scrum board and started adding tasks . Later I realized that Kanban board is better for this team.
How can i convert the existing scrum board to Kanban board without losing issues/tasks i created in scrum board
You don’t convert a board. Simply create a new board and use the very same filter. All of the issues will appear on both boards. When ready simply delete the scrum board. Note that you can’t delete the scrum board if there is an active sprint so complete the sprint first.
You will not lose any issues as issues belong to projects not boards. Boards are simply filtered views of issues.
Thanks I moved the issues to backlog , and deleted the board . Created a Kanban board and added all issues back . Even without moving all issues , deleting a board and creating Kanban board w would have worked
If landed here because you want the Project Settings to change (they are different for Kanban and Scrum projects) you may be interested in Atlassian's suggestion for how to migrate between these project types.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/migrate-between-next-gen-and-classic-projects-957974933.html
I wanted to do the same. Are you on NextGen or Classic?
Will this copy all issues from one board to another or will it make the board you are moving issues from empty?
The procedure explicitly states to use a Bulk Move operation to move all issues to a new "project".
Won't that technically nuke all of your other settings, though, since you're setting up from scratch? That's the main reason I use the copy board function, actually, so I don't have to manually recreate all my filters, columns, etc.
well yes in fact it will. if you have quick filters and such I would simply copy and paste them in during the recreations process. Next-gen allows for switching between Kanban and Scrum.
It's disappointing that the best answer to this question is "you can't."
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.