Hello, I would like to create multiple Project Types, currently there is only "Software" and "Business" - I would love to be able to categorize my projects according to y business' needs.
Thank you,
The project types are Business, Software and Service Desk, reflecting a set of templates for each of the three Jira applications (Core, Software and Service Desk)
There isn't any further categorisation you can do. Although if you're willing to code, you can write your own project templates and drop them into one of those three categories as most appropriate.
Hey Ana,
While the project types (Business, Software, Service Desk) are fixed, there is a project category function that allows you to do what you're after.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/adding-assigning-and-deleting-project-categories-844500732.html
CCM
Thank you for the prompt response!
While jira seems to be a standard not just software team. But for development or engineering teams. Jira Software is a Reference agility tool for other disciplines. So I suggest to rename the project type „software“ in „development“ or „engineering“.
But the software that provides that project type is called "Software", and people use the "Business" type projects for development, engineering and other things as well.
Howto promote Software experiences to people, who develop system Elements?
Hi All
I want to change the project type as on my dashboard all project type is Software. However, when follow the below steps, I am unable to see the option to change the project type :
Project > Project Setting > Details . Below is the screenshot for reference. I can't see any option for changing the project type.
Regards,
Siddhesh
I suspect you only have Jira Software installed and licenced. To change the project type, you have to:
This used to be possible in the early versions of JIRA. What caused the poor decision to remove such feature???
It has not been removed, you can still write apps to provide project templates.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.