In JSD, the out of the box Customer notification rule for "Request created" will only send an email to the customer if the Issue is created from the email channel or the customer portal. It does not trigger when the request-channel-type = jira. The request-channel-type = jira means that the issue is being created from within the JIRA Create screen.
As a call center, some of the agents will be manually creating issues when they receive phone calls. We want to notify these customers, so I created an automation rule for the following conditions:
- WHEN: Issue created
- IF: Issue matches request-channel-type = jira
- THEN: Send email:
- To: Customers involved
- Exclude person who caused the action is NOT checked
- I also used the "Send me a test email" which works
I then go ahead and manually create an issue from the create screen, and set the Reporter/customer. The user does not receive the notification I set up. I checked the automation logs and it says everything executed (green checks next to IF and THEN actions).
What am I missing here??