Hello,
For my company wide disaster recovery policy, I previously had setup automated backup of all out critical services, including Jira on a weekly basis. A backup script would obtain the Jira backup via download and this would be encrypted & archived.
Since the recent redesign of Jira, obviously this has stopped working and needs some tweaking which leads me to my question; exactly what coverage is there for hosted Jira customers on the cloud in disaster scenarios? Or where can I find these specific details.
With the xml backup which you can download, its stated this is not so much intended as a Jira backup but more for migration purposes, and I guess intended more for non-hosted Jira setups.
I'm fine with any regular backup action off of the "cloud" being redundant, obviously its covered by SLA and I'm sure your extensive disaster recovery policy, but just after documentation regarding the type of coverage offered as a hosted Jira customer and would still like something offsite, that could be run monthly or quarterly etc. for peace of mind, so suggestions for such.
What is the best practices consensus in this situation?