If I create sub tasks under a user story, can the estimated hours from the total of the sub tasks roll up to be the estimated hours of the total user story?
On the parent issue view, look to the right for the "time tracking" panel - you can toggle the "include sub task estimates, remaining and logged work" on and off.
Nic - would you be able to to send me a screen shot? I can't find this toggle field in my environment.
Diane
I have question on the same topic, I am not adding any estimates to the parent story however, I am adding hours to the sub-task. In this way , I am unable to get the burndown chart with proper report. Should I add the original estimate ? Wouldn't the sub-task hours roll-up to the original estimated time. See the screenshot below, its say unestimated even though the sub-tasks has estimates in them
You do not burn down on sub-tasks.
Put the estimates on the stories - that what you are committing to do in a sprint and that's what butn down measures.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.