You can add images inline in JIRA comments using wiki markup. Just attach the image to the issue, and write !ImageFilename.png! in your comment.
doesn't see to work, is wiki markup an add-on? can I do it with any file type (e.g.pdf)?
You may need to enable wiki-markup. Explained here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-renderers-185729478.htmlHere is the reference sheet for formatting, including what file types are support for inline attachments: https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=all
thanks! that did the trick. I did not have wiki rendering enabled on comments in my various filed configs
Such an unfriendly mechanism. Why won't JIRA enter the 21st century and permit embedded images like most leading edge bug tracking/help desk apps?
I agree with @Bruce Reed: this feels awkward. We are looking into using Jira Core for tracking work in the field. I want to be able to tell people to use the nice mobile app to document progress, but the disconnect between the text log (comments) and photo log (file attachments) will cause confusion. It just doesn't fit people's expectations.
Also agree with the above... and also, why is it possible to paste directly into the Description but not the comments?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.