My scenario:
Does anybody have recommendations on how to best achieve this?
So trying to understand your specific situation here considering your question and the underlying details. Are you saying you have a story that encompasses tasks across multiple Jira projects?
in any event you can certainly create a board that spans multiple projects. Simply by creating a filter that captures all issues you are interested in and then assign to a board.
That's correct - we have our Stories under one "master" project, and the tasks span multiple Jira projects. each of those Jira projects is an individual team that is responsible for a specific component of our product.
so how are your "tasks" connected to the stories, just linked? how far along and how committed to the multi-project approach are you. Without really understanding your situation I would offer that a single project leveraging Components for teams might be a better option. But I realize that might not be desirable for whatever reason.
Our engineering team is structured by product (I'm on the PMO side), so unfortunately we're likely stuck in the multi-project approach.
I would have liked to be able to have the tasks created under the user stories in my master project, but have those assigned to the various team's projects. It seems like that's not possible, so what some of the engineering teams have done is create their own stories with subtasks (essentially using stories as tasks in their own projects), and then linking those stories into our 'master' user stories. However when this happens, I'm not able to tell the status or progress of my master stories, since it's just a "relates to" relationship. I hope that makes some more sense?
@Zeph Wong, Have you thought about using Epics to coral all your stories and tasks? You could use the Epic as a release/version and then it would act like a container for all related issues.
You could then create an Agile board and use Swimlanes by Epic. This would help you track all the issues in each Epic and you would easily know where they are at in status.
pjd
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.