I am seeing the same issue as detailed in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Repository-Size-Warning-persists-after-BFG-cleanup/qaq-p/712971. The repo size increased after the BFG cleanup and the warning message persists.
From reading the other posts, I understand that you need to run gc on your end as well. Can you please do that for this repo? Is there any information you need from me?
Thanks!
Hi Wen,
The size increased after you pushed the changes with BFG because the remote repo still had the old references as well.
A git GC is required on the remote repo too, to clean up any old references you have removed. I would like to advise you to create a ticket on our Support Portal asking for us to run a GC against your repository-> https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ -> Technical issues and bugs -> Bitbucket -> Cloud(i) Please also inform on that ticket the repository URL
Thank you, Gabriel, for answering my question. I have already opened a ticket with Atlassian Support and resolved the issue. Much appreciated.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.