I really hope this is not one of those things that's been answered a thousand times before but search is not finding anything.
I am creating many, many documents in Confluence that have similar formatting requirements and there are certain things that would really help to be able to change default behaviors for.
For example, and probably the most needed, I do documents with large numbers of screen shots. Even though each one is the same width, when I paste it into Confluence, it will get resized differently based on its overall ratio (the heights aren't all the same). So for every single paste I have to manually click and enter the image size. If I could change the behavior so that all images defaulted to (1024px in my case) that would be very helpful.
Also, I frequently need to enter text in brackets [like this] but Confluence interprets the brackets as macro behaviors. Every time I have to resort to silly things like typing two of them around [[something]] and then deleting the outer ones. A few hundred of those and it really gets old.
Another thing that is incredibly annoying is the image border. If you click to add a border, and then decide you don't want the border...too bad. There is no way to remove it. Even removing and repasting the image doesn't work because it apparently stores the formatting by image name or something, so you either have to change the image name, or publish and go back into the editor which then has everything reset. The Border button really should be a toggle.
I have used so many different browser-based WYSIWYG editors I can't count, and I must say that for the intended purpose, this one is very good and creates nice clean professional documents. But I could literally save hours not having to repeat these same actions over and over again.
If there is a way to set some of these that's staring me in the face and I'm not seeing it, please slap me with a rubber chicken, but otherwise, is there any way some of these things could be addressed in future?