My project's burndown chart constantly shows a flat red line. Is there something I have misconfigured or not had the team update a field in the User Stories? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Tom
Are you estimating the issues with story points, hours, or another field? (Note - not sub-task types, only the story level stuff).
Is that the field selected in the estimation statistic for the board?
Are all the issues you expect to be burned down in the far-right column of the board?
1. We are estimating with Story Points.
2. The Estimation Statistic is Story Points but Time Tracking is Remaining Estimate and Time Spent. I think this should be moved to None.
3. Not all of the issues are moved to the far-right (Done) column yet.
Update: The administrator changed the Time Tracking to None. Now the Burn Down Chart looks like this. Any assistance, is greatly appreciated.
Looks to me like you are adding stories into the sprint (or adding points to stories in it) but never completing any. Are you moving your stories into the far right hand column at all?
Hello, on my side I'm also facing similar issues.
See my two burndown charts attached. Why is it not possible to see the Guidelines Line on my chart?
And why is the Time Spent line on my second chart above the Remaining Values Line?
Thanks!
This looks like you started the sprint with no issues that had estimates on them, then added issues with estimates into it, or added estimates to the items in the sprint.
As you started with a zero estimate, your guideline is there, it's just drawn over the x-axis - a grey line at 0!
Thanks Nic,
is there a way to show the Guidelines properly now? Should I delete my Sprint and do another one?
The guidelines are being shown properly, if what I've described is what you did.
A new sprint, started after estimated issues have been put into it, would fix it, yes.
Hello so now that I created a new Sprint, here's the result i'm getting. We started working on the issues beginning of March. Is that the reason i'm getting a graphic like that?
Both of those are saying you added a pile of estimated issues to an active sprint on April 6th.
I am not sure why you have done this, it is of no help repeating the same thing that broke your sprint report before. As I said before: A new sprint, started after estimated issues have been put into it
Ok, maybe I misunderstood. So what I need to do is to create a sprint where the Start Date is after the moment the estimation was done for all issues?
Because what I did now is to delete my previous Sprint and removed all the issues that were in it. I put all issues back to the backlog and they already have been estimated. However, my team started working on all those tickets on March 8 so this is why I put the Sprint Start Date to March 8.
I recreated the Sprint and added my issues again.
No. Forget the dates and historical work, they do not matter. The process this stuff is designed to support is:
The important thing here is that you start a sprint with a list of issues, with estimates, that you think you can do within the sprint.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.