I have setup a service desk to accept email requests. It is working for people who already had proper rights to the project. Email requests are creating tickets as expected.
The goal is to have a system from a customer send emails that will create/update tickets in our jira project. I can't get it to work for the email address used by the customer's system (gazmet@service-now.com). Here's what I tried so far:
1) Have customer system send email request. Test negative
2) Have customer person forward email request from his work mailbox. Test positive (ticket created). <--- This indicates that our jira can actually receive requests from this domain, and the format of the email generated by the customer system is not problematic. The email address for this person was already in our known customer list in jira
3) Add gazmet@service-now.com to the list of known customers email addresses for the Service Desk. Test negative.
4) Create a user for gazmet@service-now.com and give rights to this user. Test negative.
5) Allow customers to create their own user account. Test negative.
6) Allow customers to send requests without logging in. Test negative.
For steps 3 to 6, a test was made by having the customer system generate an email request to our jira.
7) Email from my personal email (=anonymous request). Test positive (ticket created) <-- This shows that requests from unknown addresses are accepted
At this point I don't understand why requests sent from the customer's system (from gazmet@service-now.com) are not creating tickets in our jira. Anyone has suggestions for things to try?