Hi,
How can I see epics on a Kanban board? Jira 6.2.7
Thx,
Nele
@Nele Smeets, the epics as swimlanes should work. can you provide screen shot of your board filter as well as one for your board w/ Epics as swimlane enabled.
hi there,
you can add the epic issue type to the project and you'll be able to see them on your board but not like on a scrum board.
if you want epics and a backlog, you could start a scrum board with an eternal sprint or a monthly/yearly sprint.
Would that help?
Cheers,Krisz
Thx for the quick reply!
Yes, I wanted to see the epics as swimlanes
Using an eternal sprint will do the trick I guess. Ill give it a try.
That could work, if you just add the issuetype to the project and all.
However I'm unsure about whether epics can be used easily as swimlanes because the epic-issue link is different than the issue-subtask link in Jira.
So you might need to set up custom swimlanes (based on JQL filters).
This is an interesting idea, let me know if you succeed. Thank you.
That didn't work, the eternal sprint showed up on other (scrum) boards as well.
Adding epics as swimlanes seems to be easy:
But the epic swimlanes simple do not show.
@Jack Brickey
Here you go:
this is the way Epics as swimlanes will look...
So make sure that epics are not excluded in your board filter somehow (Board Settings > General > Filter query). And make sure that the issues that are displaying are linked to an Epic.
It started to dawn that when swimlanes = epics, I only saw stories that did not have epics, three stories.
So now, I added an epic for those three stories, and now... my kanbanboard is empty, no issue show.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.