Hello,
I'm a new QA here and I need to add an issue to a release version. I set up a release version but cannot add a single issue to it, and unfortunatelly jiras help is presenting the old way to do it and it does not apply to new jira
Hi Marika,
just hover over the field with the mouse and click the pencil:
Then select your previously created version in the drop-down-field:
I don't have permission o edit this field unfortunately.
Ah, then please have a look at the permission scheme of your project. There, have a look at the permission: "Resolve Issues" - this is the one you need to add a fixversion to an issue.
ok, thanks
Hey @Christoph Baumeister how did you add it to the edit screen?
I think what he meant was you can update the fix version in the edit screen. So if you click on edit, you can update the fix version :
I had this issue too, but the accepted answer wasn't working.
We have a project that would show the field when viewing the issue, but not when creating the issue. Because of that, we could't edit that field at all.
I had to go into Jira Administration > Issues > Screens > SCREEN NAME > Configure, and add the field "Fixed Version/s" (or) "Affects Version/s", and save it.
Then I was able to change the field in the ticket, as described above.
@Thomas Schlegel
Hi Thomas - I added Release version history to the screens for my projects, but the release version I created won't show up as an option within the tickets when I'm trying to assign a release version...
I was trying to go back to my screens to take a screenshot for context, but now I can't seem to get back to where I was when I edited the screens, so sorry
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.