Hi there!
We thought about migrating from our local server with Jira, Jira Service Desk and Confluence to the cloud instance from Atlassian and I got a few questions about the migration process.
I read the FAQ article (this here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/migrating-from-jira-server-to-jira-cloud-779160826.html) about migration from a local instance to the cloud but it does answer all my questions and I'm not sure who to ask about this things so I hope maybe someone in the community could help me and maybe has some experience in migrating to the cloud.
In the FAQ article it says you just export the data from your local system and import it to the cloud system, but does this also include the all the projects, issues, comments, attachments, users and user groups?
Is there a size limit when importing data? We got about 5000 issues, 23k comments and 10k attachments. I don't know if this is much or not ..
Also we're using Jira Service Desk with some plugins, is it possible to check somewhere if the plugin can be used in the cloud (e.g. Extension for JIRA Service Desk)?
And is it possible to import all the different categories and forms we created for the Service Desk?
Thanks and best regards,
Lukas