Hi
We need to copy the field customer ID of a company in Atlas CRM into a custom field in JIRA.Is this already possible through postfunctions and / or Automation for JIRA?
Thank you for a response.
Sebastian
Is this already possible through JQL?
As far as I know, JQL is only for searching issues. You can copy fields with workflow postfunctions in jira.
Ah, right. That's what I actually meant.Edited my question accordingly.
See: https://www.atlascrm.io/documentation/advanced-automatically-link-issues.html
Thank you for your answer. I don't think this is exactly what I'm looking for.To clarify:We have a field for our customers in the CRM that holds the customer ID.What we'd like to do is that value to be copied into a custom field upon creation with the Automation for JIRA plugin.
Hi Sebastian,
It's currently not possible to access Atlas CRM data through postfunctions or Automation for Jira. We have an internal issue to investigate if it's possible for us to make this possible, I have added a vote for this issue on your behalf.
Could you tell me what are trying to achieve by adding a customer ID to the issue? Do you want to see this data directly when you open the issue? Or do you want to automate something?
Hi Maarten,
This functionality would be really interesting for us to be able to sort by company in the columns in the issue navigator or show this in gadgets.
It is important to have contacts and company data in the issue because otherwise it takes my agents too many steps to so to the CRM and add a customer to a company when they have already done that at issue level.
I understand that for some people the company and contact related to an issue do not have to be related between them, but for us it is always related, so having to update this information twice its "too many steps" for my team.
Regards!
Hi Lara,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! It's incredibly useful.
This is something we would love to add to Atlas CRM. It is possible for us to add this data to Jira, but it's not great for performance yet. For some users, it would slow down parts of Jira and make it unusable. We're talking to Atlassian about this and hope it will be fixed soon, so we can actually start using this.
It is important to have contacts and company data in the issue because otherwise it takes my agents too many steps to so to the CRM and add a customer to a company when they have already done that at issue level.I understand that for some people the company and contact related to an issue do not have to be related between them, but for us it is always related, so having to update this information twice its "too many steps" for my team.
I think you're referring to the situation where you link a company and a contact to an issue, but the company and contact are not linked to each other yet. To fix this, you have to open one or the other, which indeed takes too many steps.
We're working on an improved design that fixes this issue. It's not going to be easy to implement, but we are working on it.
Thanks for you answer Maarten! I know it is hard sometimes to be limited by the product!
I'll look forward hearing about your next releases!
Is there somewhere an issue for automation action to set Atlas CRM comnpany that i can vote for ?
I would join to the request as well. For any one who is dealing with a lot of external customers, the solution of Atlas CRM is very beneficial. Further on, we'd like to use the fields from CRM contact or company for the automation or in the list of issues or in the view of issue directly.
Just one example. If an agent want to call the reporter it would be great that the reporter's phone number is available in the issue's view directly. And not 2 clicks away like today. Or to obtain any data about a contact or companies. Multiply by the number of additional clicks for every ticket you have to process each day, month, year as an agent.
I'm looking forward to news that the issue will be addressed.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.