I need create checklist in task description on Jira, how I can do this?
This function is available?
Hi @Leonardo Baiser,
As already mentioned, it is not possible to add a functional checklist, with working checkboxes, to the issue description.
You can only create a simple non-functional list in various forms (bullet, numbered, etc.).
There are a few third-party apps available in Atlassian Marketplace that fill this gap though.
Issue Checklist Pro for Jira Cloud that our company provides is one of them. It is simple to start (just install and go) Jira add-on with several advanced features ready to be discovered when needed.
Issue Checklist Free app is free of charge version of the Issue Checklist Pro. It is an easy but most advanced and fastest-growing checklist app on the Marketplace.
In case of questions, we are happy to help.
Cheers,
Jack [HeroCoders]
Hello @Leonardo Baiser
Checklists are currently not available as a core feature in Jira, however, there are several apps available that add the ability to work with checklists. We at SolDevelo have recently launched a cheap, lightweight version of actionable checklists in Jira issues as well. It is available for Jira Cloud and Jira Server and seems to satisfy your needs - Multiple Checklists for Jira
Here are just a couple of things you can achieve with checklists in Jira:
Best,Sebastian.
Hi @Leonardo Baiser!
You can use list but not checklist.... You have available in the Marketplace this app https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.okapya.jira.checklist/cloud/overview
It's kind of ridiculous that such a basic feature (which, for example, comes out of the box in Trello) requires adding a third-party plugin which, for a small team, costs 50% of the price as the base product. It also means that I know have to install, manage, and concern myself with Yet Another Vendor.
This isn't something that should be a paid add-on. Literally every other software tool on the market offers this functionality.
Well, @Sam Wilson
There is also another point of view.
If Atlassian worked on adding a checklist, better time tracking, default values and other useful and "basic features" to Jira, then they would not have time to add several "power features" that brought you to Jira because these features are not available in Trello and many other tools on the market.
There is no software that satisfies all the needs. Fortunately, Jira has a mature community of vendors that mitigates the problem.
Cheers,Jack
There is also available free version of the Issue Checklist app: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220209/issue-checklist-free?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
It's ridiculous that every basic feature is provided as paid plugins. Its high time that we move away from Jira and whole Atlassian.
There is a free and powerful checklist available too: Issue Checklist Free
this free add-on is only available for cloud, not server which is what I need. I too am terribly disappointed that a simple task list is not something built into the core functionality of the tool.
My first thought entering [ ] into a description was that it would render as an empty checkbox, then [X] would be checked. My team is considering self-hosted Jira, and I feel like this is a con of Jira over most other tools out there.I honestly want to use Jira, but this lack of a feature makes it a harder sell for my team. I'll go try out the third party solutions, but I'd like to add an upvote for this feature.https://github.blog/2013-01-09-task-lists-in-gfm-issues-pulls-comments/
I found (off) and (on), so that'll work. I just wish I could check to toggle.
In my opinion it does help a lot to structure issues and therefore I see it as a valuable feature in an afaik enterprise-issue-management-tool. I would love to see this feature especially for self-organization ticket-wise. I currently use other non-jira tools but having all in one place is much more fun.
Installing 3rd party software is always risky and can make upgrades more painful. And it's not like one doesn't usually pay for Jira as I believe.
@Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_ This App is available for free for very small number of checklists (20) and it doesn't offer an overview of the checklist on the ticket in Next Gen. projects. So, basically it is useless and we have to pay for a "functional" one.
Awesome! Here's another easy hack:
:black_check_box: for items that are unchecked
:check_mark: for items that are checked
Hi @Leonardo Baiser
You can also check out Smart Checklist for Jira. With its functionality, you can easily:
About this and many more you can read in our Get Started guide.
Don't miss out on the possibility to set Custom statuses and Custom permissions
And of course, there's a free version available.
If you have any additional questions, be sure to reach to us at smartchecklist@railsware.com.
Hi Sebastian -Is it possible to search for issues based on checklist status? Example: Search for issues that don't have "this certain task" completed?
Hello @Louise Baker
unfortunately, that's not possible yet, however, it's on our agenda and we plan to add some search capabilities based on checklist items later this year.
Best regards,Sebastian
Issue Checklist Free allows searching for issues based on checklist status as per the documentation.
JIRA does have a solution, not ideal but it does
1. Create a custom field , type multiple checkbox
2. Define your Checklist
3. Add New Screen and link Custom Field just created on to this new screen.
4. During Transition you can use update workflow to popup new Screen you created at step 3.
Again, I love the other apps, and most probably will be going to PRO version of those app but if you need is to just track few items then you can use this workaround. It totally works.
Hi, @Leonardo Baiser !
If you`re ok with the Atlassian add-ons, I suggest you try out the Recurring Checklists and Report plug-in.
My team has developed it to:
Also, you can add checklists to the existing Jira issue manually
You`re welcome to try out 30-day free trial
Read use case about how we use security checklists in SaaSJet
This is a core issue that is missing seconded! Why not just use markdown??
Can you be more specific about the steps. Are you talking about installing a Addon or is there a core feature in Jira to create checklists.
Thanks..
Hello every1,I am facing the same need of simple checklist to mark subtasks by myself (no linking, no filtering, no search), which simple checklist icon would solve. I found another simple & straightforward solution that solves this 😁
Enjoy 😂💪
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.