How would we allow "guests" or anonymous access using your Jira Software platform?
In the project permission scheme(s), use the line "Browse project: Group (anyone)"
Never ever give anonymous users write access, as you won't know who they are if they do edit anything, and if, for some reason, you ignore that, do not expose this system to the internet, as you will be found and spammed quite quickly.
Also note that anonymous users only get access to projects and issues, not boards.
Hi @Ashlee Toney
Yes and no. You can allow anonymous access to projects. But they will not be able to access Jira Software features, such as boards.
To be able to access Software features, you need to be a user with Application Access for Jira Software.
There is a page in the Documentation explaining this matter, check it out: JIRA Software: Anonymous access
The linked documentation pages are for Server but should apply for Cloud too.
CheersNick
Thanks, I will look into this further.
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- - There is no "anyone" option under Browse Projects in the Jira Software platform. This was definitely a preferred route. I already tried your suggestion based on another article I had read.
No, not "anyone under browse project". Group (anyone) under browse project.
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- - I found the setting you are referring to and edited it. My user is still not able to browse the project without logging in. I tried logging out and going to the link to our project and it gave me a page to log in.
My user is receiving a page saying the operation is taking too long, see attached.
Thoughts? Thanks for your help!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.