I want to create a filter to show only my projects. Seems simple, but I can't seem to find a way.
I am a PM and assigned as a PM only on all my projects. I can't seem to find any way to select roles other than the one assignee for each project.
Hi!
How do you know which ones are your projects? In Jira by default when you log in you can see every project (unless you have modified the permissions scheme).
Jira only stores information in the issues, so the only way to see specific projects (or better said, issues related to said project) is creating filters where you define which are your projects.Jira understands "your projects" as all you can see, if your permission scheme allows you to see everything, then it is hard to define in which ones you work.
Regards
Hi Rich,
what is your role or function in that projects so we can see how to best filter for that. Are you for example the project lead? Then
projectsLeadByUser()
would be the best choice. Or is it really a project role you're in?
projectsWhereUserHasRole(rolename)
My role is Project Manager.
I can't seem to get correct syntax using the JQL you provided, but that looks like exactly what I need.
Within a project settings, there is a "people" screen where you can assign roles. I want to create a filter based on those role assignments.
Those roles may be from the Tempo plugin, so I'm wondering if I may not be able to use them in filters?
You should be able to use any role, even if it is add-on created, this query worked for me:
project in projectsWhereUserHasRole("Administrators")
Regards.
Could you please provide a screenshot of the "user and roles" settings for the project and the query you used so we can fix the syntax?
Query I'm attempting to write for this filter:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roles page within project settings (I believe this is part of Tempo add-on):
I have found a manual solution using a Dashboard and the "Projects" gadget type. I can manually select my projects which are then shown in a list on the dashboard. It's manual, but at least it shows me only the projects that I care about and allows me to quickly jump from project-to-project.
This seems like a strange limitation that nothing else can be customized at the project level or my view inside the projects menu item, but it looks like the above method is the closest thing.
Well Rich, if you wanted more information at project level the only other alternative I can give you is this add-on:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.deiser.jira.profields/cloud/overview
It lets you have custom fields at project level, make gadgets with them so maybe it can give you more info thant the gadget.
Hey Rich -
I'm with you... your request seems very simple and obvious, and this thread baffles me that people are not understanding it.
I want to log on to Jira and see a list of Projects for which I am the Lead. Three years later there still does not appear to be an easy way to do that.
It is even more interesting if you want to show the management a filter or a gadget that shows the projects split by Project Lead e.g. if they want to know how many projects each lead is handeling. I guess I should go back to Excel
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.