I have need of having a single issue that needs to be implemented in multiple versions of software. I have been playing around with JIRA and all I have been able to figure out is to create a main issue and then link it to multiple sub issues. The sub issues allows me to track the resolution of the main issue on the multiple different versions of software. This is extremely time consuming and is not scalable.
Is there a way to automate the creation of sub issues?
Can you set bulk edit so when you update a description it will update all the sub issues that have been checked (that seems pretty dangerous if you forget to check one of the sub issues, then it won't be kept updated with the same information and now the sub issues will have different information.)?
Is there a way to create multiple instances of an issue and drag that issue to multiple project backlogs?
The main reason I don't want to create multiple issues at the same level is that all the information (i.e. Title, Description, Root cause...etc) would need to be copy and pasted into the multiple issues. This will become a maintenance nightmare trying to keep all the issues up to date with the same information.
I am looking to create an issue, decide which software versions need the issue, and the track that issue in the necessary software paths without major overhead.
Is this possible?