I've found the Kanban view (with the epics panel) to be the easiest way for us to manage our website build projects.
Is there an alternative to a Kanban "Release" ?
We don't version our websites & doing so just seems to create confusion with the team.
I want to manually clear the "Done" column - I've searched around and found solutions such as setting it to only show tasks "Updated in last X days" - but that doesn't work for us either.
In some cases, we work with government organizations - and they move very, very slowly.
So a release might happen week to week, or we may do 2-3 tasks, wait a month, do another 2-3 tasks.
Furthermore, I tried just doing "releases" on a few projects, but I'm now getting an error "There are no issues to release" - but, the only issues on the board are "Resolution: Done; Status: Done" - so why are those not releasable?
I love Jira, but the overly complicated screens, fields, workflows, transitions, schema setup is amazingly frustrating for a small team that needs to add a status or transition without spending 2 hours making sure it's on all the right screens, appears in the right transitions, has the right conditions, etc (is there an add-on that helps manage this? I have old projects that I can't change to a new workflow because of any number of errors - some unidentified task that's assigned somewhere, or has a certain label, or is just being difficult)