Hello, I have researched this in the Community and documentation but I can only find supported methods for accomplishing the same with Jira. Hope there is a way to do this in Confluence.
My company ABC is merging with company XYZ.
My Confluence 6.0 instance is using ABC's Active Directory (read-only) which will be shut down soon. All users and groups have already been recreated in XYZ's AD, with the same usernames, but different UPNs. (jsmith@abc is now jsmith@xyz). Our Confluence logins are all "jsmith" only so hopefully that doesn't make too much of a difference.
My question is how to swing my users to log in to Confluence with their XYZ credentials, without losing edit history, permissions etc.
It looks like if this were Jira, I would add XYZ AD as a login source with a higher priority and that would pretty much do it (referenced here and here). For Confluence all I found is this older database edit to change userids to match the old ones.
Is there a more supported method of accomplishing this?
Thanks!