I have configured a version for my project and I expect to be able to link issues to that version. The drop down in the 'link issues' field does not offer 'affects version' as an option.
Hi Frank,
a version is not comparable to an issue type. You can select a version in the Affects Version/s or Fix Version/s system field for example. So you add issues to a version. Issue links are used between issue types
Best, Max
You should add the Fix Version field to the create, edit and view screens. You will be able to link a version to an issue using this field.
For further reading let me link to the documentation:
Managing versions
Thanks Alexey. The documentation gave me the impression that I would see this field in the link dropdown. I don't have jira admin rights so I will ask our Jira admin to add it.
Frank
Thanks Max. I appreciate your help. I had already read the documentation but it wasn't obvious that it was a separate field and my test project was not configured to display it. I get it now though - cheers!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.