I have created a scripted field to capture the last comment in a story- Last Comment
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManagerimport com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issueimport com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.Commentimport com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.CommentManagerimport com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
def commentManager = ComponentAccessor.getCommentManager()def comment = commentManager.getLastComment (issue)def date = comment.getCreated()if(comment!=null)
return "null";
I am getting below error2018-02-07 01:05:35,694 ERROR [customfield.GroovyCustomField]: *************************************************************************************Script field failed on issue: SPD-****, field: Last Commentjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getCreated() on null objectat Script140613.run(Script140613.groovy:9)
I am not a engineer ,so please help me with the code.How do i fix this NPE.BTW the template I have used in Text field Multiline and Free Text SearcherPlease help !!
Hi @Nilanjana Misra
The problem with your script is that in line number 8 "issue" is null (not defined). This is why you get the error.
Make sure you are passing the issue correctly.
Hope this helps
I've tried something like this and get the result:
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentAccessorimport com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issueimport com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.Commentimport com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.CommentManagerimport com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessordef issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager()def issue = issueManager.getIssueObject("XXXXX")
def commentManager = ComponentAccessor.getCommentManager()def comment = commentManager.getLastComment(issue)def date = comment.getCreated()if(comment!=null){ return ((date as String) + " " + comment.body + " Author: " + comment.authorFullName) }return "null";
Yes , you are right .I got it working now.Thank you
I am having this same issue. @Charly _DEISER_ do I put that code in the field as is or am I supposed to replace the "XXXXX" with something?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.