I have created a scripted field to capture the last comment in a story- Last Comment
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManagerimport com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issueimport com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.Commentimport com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.CommentManagerimport com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
def commentManager = ComponentAccessor.getCommentManager()def comment = commentManager.getLastComment (issue)def date = comment.getCreated()if(comment!=null)
return "null";
I am getting below error2018-02-07 01:05:35,694 ERROR [customfield.GroovyCustomField]: *************************************************************************************Script field failed on issue: SPD-****, field: Last Commentjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getCreated() on null objectat Script140613.run(Script140613.groovy:9)
I am not a engineer ,so please help me with the code.How do i fix this NPE.BTW the template I have used in Text field Multiline and Free Text SearcherPlease help !!
The error is telling you that it cannot use the method getCreated() against a blank comment. A quick fix would be to put the offending line (date variable declaration) within the THEN portion of the IF statement. Then, it will not attempt to perform this method against a null object because you are already testing for it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.