At the moment it only shows the request type I have set as a default and I can't set default back to null (no default).
@Daniel Abbas, can you provide more info here? Is this a dashboard gadget you are using? Which “widget” a4e you referring to?
Thanks for the quick reply Jack.
I'm referring to the service desk widget that one embeds on a site. i.e the floating help desk button.
I’m still a bit lost. Maybe this is a server thing or an addon? (floating helpdesk button?). There is a portal that customers use to create a ticket. In that portal you can expose the request types. Can you provide a screen shot of what you are referring to?
Thanks for persisting.
It is the widget that service desk provide that we embed into our own (not atlassian's) website. you can see in the image attached that when you click on it then it opens up a list of the request types that users can submit. We want them all listed rather than just the default type (in this case 'suggest a new feature').
Hi Daniel (great name!),
From your project's settings in Jira, head over to the Widget tab in the left menu.
On that page, there's an option to toggle for Show all request types in the widget. That should do it!
Cheers,DanielP.S. for everyone not familiar with the Widget feature, it was released on Cloud just a few months ago. You can read more about it here. As of the time this answer was written, it's not available for Server - just Cloud.
@Daniel Eads {unmonitored account}, thanks for that info. I didn't even know it existed! Can't wait to give it a try. :-)
I might need to log a bug as that show all request types doesn't work. It only shows the default request type.
I'm having just the same problem. Only the default Request Type is showing on the Jira Service Desk widget. The others are not showing up despite the 'Show all requests types in widget' configuration (all the request types I want to be shown belong already to a request group).
There is no option to "Show all request types in widget" for me in Jira Cloud.
this is really a new question.
Do you mean to say you want to display all available request types by default, maybe by a drop down? The widget doesn’t work this way. The customer enters some text and chooses from a present request type. There is a single default RT you configure in case the typed text doesn’t match any RT.
So there is no way for the user to choose one of the request types that are assigned to the project?
Correct.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.