I've read around the community pages, <removed abusive words>. Other project management tools I have used have allowed this - eg, TargetProcess.
Looking after a long chain pipeline (eg, a car factory, where Kanban originated) requires people to understand at a glance the progress along the pipeline of a given object. Game studios, and other art based organisations will also have similar requirements. An art asset may be anywhere from 'Concept', through 'Modelling', 'Texturing', 'Rigging', and then into QA and integration. Being able to visualise this on a board is pretty much the entire point of Kanban, hence why I'm flabbergasted Jira refuses to support this functionality.
I'm wondering if there is any progress on this, or other workarounds. Also, the idea of creating several boards to visualise this is equally moronic, requiring users to click around several times to find the information they need to see. Why make it so hard?