We are going from a very customized instance of Jira to more of an out-of-the-box approach since we are eyeing agile a bit more seriously, and one thing I notice in our sandbox version we spin up for testing is that there's an 'Unassigned' user that seems to come with Jira from the get-go.
We had the 'Allow Unassigned Issues' option turned off on our current production Jira for some reason, and when I turn that back on in our prod-copy TEST region, the canned unassigned user that comes with Jira does not show, but all the custom unassigned users we've created over the years do.
We would like to consolidate those unassigned users into one now to make that easier to deal with, and I would much rather have it be the out-of-the-box user than one of our custom users. Is there something I need to do to make that user show up, or is it gone forever?