Is it possible to adjust the way the sprints appear in the backlog?
At the moment it is shown in order of creation, not even on the startdate of the sprint.
I would like to order it on date or importance (when a start date is not created yet)
Updating this post to capture the reality of today...
Jira Cloud allows for rearranging of sprints by clicking on the ellipses as shown below. Obviously you cannot move a sprint above the active sprint.😉 this works for both CMP and TMP. At this time you can only move a sprint up/down one step at a time, I.e. no "move to top/bottom".
Â
You can’t reorder. Sprints are chronologically ordered. You fill the sprint based upon the order you wish to tackle. If say S1 is active now and you create S2 and S3 in the Backlog then S2 should be the next sprint you want to tackle. Note you can always rearrange the content between Backlog sprints by selecting all issues and drag-drop into another sprint.Â
Thanks, that is a good work around!
Hi @Jack Brickey, I am creating multiple sprints (like 20 sprints) in one run using rest api . I can see that the id of the sprints were created sequentially like 100, 101, 102, 103 etc. But when i look into the board, they are not in order. For eg Sprint ID 102, Sprint ID 101, Sprint ID 103, Sprint ID 100 etc. I tried using the /rest/agile/1.0/sprint/{sprintId}/swap api, but irrespective of the number of ways i tried, reordering them in 100, 101, 102, 103.. is not happening. Using the swap api does do something, but i never understood what exactly it does. Appreciate your help in explaining if the swap api (/rest/agile/1.0/sprint/{sprintId}/swap) will work and if yes, how to make it work? And if not, then any alternative?Â
We are also experiencing the same issue, we have two active sprints and the second sprint is showing above the first. Checked the dates and any filters but not changed anything. Any clues?
It would be so awesome if you could drag and drop sprints up and down the backlog view!
@Jack Brickey I am not seeing the 'move up/down' options anymore. Did those go away?
Reordering of Active sprints is not allowed. You can reorder sprints that are not yet started. Refer to
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17512
Hi all - I wonder if there is any idea/plan/JSWCLOUD ticket for allowing automatic ordering of sprints by the start date of a sprint. Glad to move sprints in the relevant order manualy but I think if it is automatically ordered in the chronological order with the start date, that makes more logical sense I think. Please advise?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.