Repeatedly since you put the new UI into beta and then partial roll-out I have switched on the new UI in Confluence and Jira and consistently found it degraded our ability to get work done. Every time I've switched back to the old UI and provided feedback that the new UI degrades usability. Then finally, you forced the new UI in Confluence and we enjoyed the team activity of all suffering equally.
This is not a question of how it looks, although I do dislike the "simplified" UI and yet another app with a blue theme getting lost on my desktop. This about functionality. I am totally fed up with taking several clicks and screen loads to navigate to something that used to be one click away. I am beyond frustrated that some things seem to now be just impossible to get to at all. The design clearly assumes that nobody ever works in multiple projects and jumps around a lot. The simplified UI might be well tailored to somebody who makes limited use of your products in selected ways, but it is horrible for people who actually do work in these products on a daily basis and do anything other that the narrow workflows you have designed for.
I am thoroughly frustrated with the loss in productivity, the things that have either been removed or are now so well hidden that I can't find them, with every time a coworker gets frustrated and comes to ask me how they now get something done in the new UI.
I assume that any day now you will likewise destroy Jira by forcing this horrible new UI there. If it were not an even greater cost and loss of productivity, I would find another software solution and push to replace Jira and Confluence at my workplace. Meanwhile, in spite of being quite enamored with SourceTree for years, a fear that you will turn your designers loose on that product has me regularly checking GitKraken for when it might be a viable alternative.
But, no doubt I and others who have complained are just a small percentage of your customer base. I doubt you took this UI through any meaningful user testing and suspect you have not dared to take a survey of how users feel about this new UI? No doubt somebody is quite proud of this new UI and argue that we simply haven't learned it or we don't like change or we'll get used to it and come to love it. Well, I like change. I like change a lot. But, I have two criteria for change: 1) it be different, and 2) it be better. This isn't better. It blows.
Warmest regards,
greg