Is there a way to bulk update an existing Custom Field Value? I need to do this for a large number of issues that are already closed. Our developers forgot to update them.
Yes, you can do the bulk edit function that exists in JIRA as long as you have that Global Permission.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver074/editing-multiple-issues-at-the-same-time-921047221.html
Thanks, how do I tell if I have global permissions?
see, For example, you would need to have both the Move Issue and Bulk Change permissions to perform the Bulk Move operation.
Thanks again looks quite risky
Yes Bulk Edit can be risky if you don't have the correct jql for the issues you are wanting to update. If you are looking to do just an update on multiple tickets you will need to have Edit permissions in the project. To verify if you have Bulk Permissions in the Global Permissions Scheme navigate to System -> Global Permissions. Then see if the group you belong in has that permissions enabled.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.