Hello all, We have an efficiency issue I am trying to resolve. Every time we create a new space I have to manually copy *several* pages manually (about 50). Needless to say this is a slow and painful process!
I really, really like the "Copy Page Tree" Confluence plug-in: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.nurago.confluence.plugins.treecopy/cloud/overview
However, our IT Director says it's too expensive ($200/mo) and will not approve it. I read somewhere online that there are cheaper (or perhaps even free) alternatives? Does anyone know of one? We are using Confluence "Cloud." Much thanks!
I found an answer to this on Reddit:- Export your Template Space in XML format- Unzip the downloaded export- Modify the entities.xml and exportDescriptor.properties files : FIND & REPLACE all occurrences of the old Space Key and Space Name with the desired Space Key and Space Name- Still in the "entities.xml" file: FIND & REPLACE all occurrences of the space name: Implementation Team Knowledge Base (replace with new Space name)- Save & close the two files: entities.xml & exportDescriptor.properties- Zip the two files up (use .zip via Explorer right-click menu - do NOT use .7z!)- Import the Space back into Confluence
**TO UPLOAD and IMPORT**Log in to your Confluence Cloud siteSelect Settings in the Confluence sidebarChoose Import Spaces under 'Administration' in the left-hand navigation barSpecify your file using the Browse buttonIf you're using Jira Cloud, you can also specify the Jira project you'd like to link to this space.Choose Import
How about the Copy Space add-on? What we do is we have a template space and when we create a new space we just copy the template space.
Another reason for using Server... "Copy page hierarchy" is in 6.0+
Another approach uses the Confluence CLI plugin. It includes a copyPage with descendants option.
It costs about twice the copy page tree plugin, but has about 50 times more capability
Thanks, Doug. Unfortunately the higher ups won't even approve the $200/mo plug-in so I can't imagine them going for this.
Thank you, Nic...I am nowhere even close to a position that would have the authority to make changes on where/how we host Confluence, I'm just trying to make my help desk role less painful and more efficient.
The 'Copy-Space' plug-in looks promising! Thank you, @Davin Studer!! Some of the reviews say that it does not work, but I assume support could work that out...?
We have documented a similar procedure: How to copy or rename a space in Confluence
Cool, thanks @AnnWorley!
If i can add a comment about the zipping. You should be in the folder you want to zip when zipping, otherwise it will create a folder inside the zip and the importer wont be able to find the exportDescriptor.properties. I recommend using Keka on the mac, not the built in Compress... right click option.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.